Ever wish there was an easy way to send your students a text message reminder about their homework? Don’t want to give out your number to students? Did you know that Cronote was made by a former high school chemistry teacher? Cronote supports improving education by helping students remember their assignments. This post will walk you through the steps to setup a text message reminder system for your students.
1. First, sign up for a free account at www.cronote.com. Tip: Be sure to check your spam folder if you can’t find our confirmation email in your inbox.
2. Sign into Cronote.
3. Add each student as a contact. Tip: If you want to send text message reminders to your students for free, try using email-to-SMS gateways: http://blog.cronote.com/2011/10/22/sms-gateways/
4. Click on the “Groups” tab.
5. Create a group for each of your class periods.
6. Schedule homework reminders by filling out the Cronote form on the left side of the page, and select the group(s) as recipients.
Cronote will automatically send the reminder at the designated time to every member of the group. You can add or remove students from each group at any time. Reminders are sent using Cronote’s phone number so there is no need to give out your phone number to students.