To Sign Up Via the Website:
- Go to www.cronote.com.
- Complete all fields in the “Sign Up” box.
- You will receive a confirmation email to verify your account. Click on the link in the email. If you don’t see a confirmation email, check your spam folder!
You will automatically be listed as your own Contact. This means you can start sending cronotes to yourself as soon as you sign in!
To Schedule a Cronote:
After you sign in, you can schedule a cronote in 3 easy steps.
- Choose the recipients. The drop-down menu shows a list of your contacts. (See below for info on how to add more contacts.)
- Write your message. While there is no defined character limit, keep in mind that SMS text messages are limited to 160 characters. Messages that exceed the character count are automatically split into multiple texts.
- Set the delivery time, and click “Schedule.”
The recipient will receive both an email and SMS text message at the designated time. Please note that the time of delivery is based on the sender’s timezone.
To Add New Contacts:
The “Contacts” tab makes it easy for you to select your cronote recipients. There are two ways to populate your Cronote Contacts:
- Add your contacts manually. Click on the “Add Contact” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Import your contacts from Google, Facebook, or CSV. Click on the “Import Contacts” button on the bottom of the screen. (Note that, due to privacy, Facebook can only important names, not phone numbers and email addresses.)
On the iPhone, you can also import contacts from your iPhone Address Book. See iPhone App Instructions for details.
To Create a Group:
Groups are handy when you have a bunch of people you want to send cronotes to more than once. To begin, sign in. Then go to the “Groups” tab. (Important: All members of your group must already be in your Cronote Contacts list.)
- Click the “Group Builder” button at the bottom of the screen.
- Follow the on-screen instructions, which will ask you to name your Group, and then select your group members. Click on the names that you want included in the group. Once you click on a name, it will be highlighted purple. If you make a mistake, click on the name again to un-highlight it.
- Click “Save.”
Your new Group will appear in the list of recipients for you to choose when sending out a cronote.
To Edit Your Contact Info or Password:
- Log in at www.cronote.com.
- Click on the “Profile” tab.
- Edit any of the following fields: first name, last name, phone number, or password.
You cannot change your email address at this time, as this is your login name.
* This post was updated 5/28/13 to reflect the latest Cronote website functionality and design.