** Please see the updated versions: Website Instructions and iPhone App Instructions **
The Cronote website was built to be as user-friendly as possible, but here are some complementary instructions for those of you who like to see how it’s done step-by-step.
To Sign Up:
- Go to Cronote.com.
- Complete all fields in the “Sign Up” box.
- You will receive a confirmation email to verify your account. Click on the link in the email.
You will automatically be listed as your own Contact. This means you can start sending cronotes to yourself as soon as you sign in!
To Schedule a Cronote:
After you sign in, you can schedule a cronote in 3 easy steps.
- Choose your recipient. The drop-down menu shows the list of your trusted contacts. (See below for info on how to find more contacts.)
- Write your message.
- Set the delivery time, and click “Schedule.”
The recipient will receive both an email and text message at the designated time. Please note that the time of delivery is based on the sender’s timezone.
To Create a Contacts Group:
A Contacts Group comes in handy when you have a preset list of people to whom you frequently want to send cronotes. To begin, sign in. The “Create a Contacts Group” box is located on the right-hand side of the page.
- Select contacts. The list is pre-populated with your trusted contacts. Click on the names that you want included in the group. Once you click on a name, it will be highlighted purple. If you make a mistake, click on the name again to un-highlight it.
- Name this group, and click “Save.”
Your new Contacts Group will automatically appear in the list of recipients for you to choose when sending out a cronote. Note that the Contacts Group feature is currently only available for the website and not the iPhone.
To Find New Contacts by Name:
We added this feature so that you can easily find your friends, family members, and co-workers who are also on Cronote. After you sign in, the “Find New Contacts by Name” search box is located in the lower right.
- Type a name (at least 3 characters). If the person you are looking for is a registered Cronote member, his/her name will appear alongside an email address.
- Click “Add”. A Cronote Contact request will be sent to the person via email. Once he/she confirms by clicking on the enclosed link, his/her name will appear on your trusted contacts list and vice versa.
As of this time, cronotes can only be sent to people who are Cronote members. We want to ensure a safe, secure service so that you do not receive unwanted messages from anyone outside of your trusted network. We encourage you to invite your friends, family, and co-workers to join!