Everyone loves birthdays. They represent milestones in our lives and mark our transitions from childhood, adolescence, adulthood, and the golden years. Remembering someone’s birthday is a good way to let them know that you’re keeping them in your thoughts. With an extended family, or an extended social group, it can be difficult to keep track of everyone’s special day. It’s also difficult to make sure that everyone in the family remembers each other’s birthdays.
Cronote is proud to announce that we now support yearly reminders. This makes it easy to schedule birthday reminders, up to 10 years in the future! The feature can be accessed from the New Reminder dashboard by clicking on “Recurring” and selecting “yearly” from the repeat drop-down as seen in the picture below.
Here we’ve scheduled a reminder for our aunt’s birthday on February 6th. It’ll go out on Feb. 6th 2017, 2018,…all the way to 2027. The power of Cronote is that we can send this same reminder to every member of the family. We can create a family group, and schedule set it as the destination of our reminder.
You can add and remove family members to this group whenever you like. The reminders will go out to the current members of the group when her birthday arrives.
We removed our iOS app from the App Store about a year ago in order to rebuild it in a modern fashion. We’re happy to announce today that the app has been released and is available for download on the App Store.
The app provides free push-notification reminders between iOS devices. It’s the only app that lets you schedule a push-notification.
The app also includes a number of features requested by our users, including:
- Message templates: Store commonly used reminder messages.
- Message variables: Automatically insert the recipient’s name and appointment time into the reminder.
- Recurring reminders: Send reminders daily, weekly or monthly.
- Group reminders: Easily select more than one recipient, and save groups such as a family or customer list.
- Picture reminders: Add an image with message overlay to make a memorable reminder.
- Reminder offsets: Schedule reminders relative to an appointment time. For example, “20 minutes before appointment” or “1 day before appointment.”
- Easily add a picture to your reminder using your Photos library or your camera.
We encourage all of our users to download the app and try it out.
Thinking of a special way to surprise your Valentine? Scheduled text messages is a simple, personal (and wallet-friendly) way to let your loved one know that you care. Send him or her notes throughout the day, and make it a Valentine’s Day they’ll never forget.
Cronote is a website that lets you to schedule text messages to be delivered at a specified time in the future. There are 3 easy steps:
- Select the recipient. (Enter your Valentine’s cell phone number or email address.)
- Write your message. (Suggestions: “Your smile makes my heart melt!” or “Can’t wait to see you tonight!”)
- Set the delivery time. (February 14, at various times throughout the day.)
If you’re feeling extra creative, you can integrate Cronote into a Valentine’s Day scavenger hunt. Hide gifts for your loved one. Then, schedule text messages to arrive at special moments throughout the day, telling him/her where to look. Watch as your Valentine lights up in surprise and delight each time a new message comes to their phone. He/She may look even more surprised if you are sitting right there and are no where near your phone!
Since Cronote messages are scheduled in advance, this will take some of the stress out of the day. Your Valentine will also feel special knowing that you planned ahead for this memorable day.
The Cronote Reminders website is free for sign-up. The first 10 reminders are completely free. If you need more, you can upgrade your account to “Pro” using our month-to-month subscription plan.
Enjoy your Valentine’s Day! Please feel free to share any stories on how Cronote made your holiday even more special.
[Update 7/27/16: The Cronote Reminders iPhone app and Cronote Remind Button are no longer available, as a part of the rebuild plan.]
We’d like to take a moment to thank Cronote users for a very special year. 2012 has certainly been a memorable one for us:
Thank you for using our website and/or app! We wish you a wonderful New Year, and hope 2013 brings good fortune to all of you.
Ann & Aaron